Hi
i need a special help in making a online bookstore using ASP.NET and C#.can any
one help me, that how to start and how to make it,because i know very little about
ASP.NET.Thanks in advance.

Hello Nisar05,

What type of help are you interested in? Working with ASP.NET, and ADO.NET with C# is currently what I do. I'd be glad to help you if I can.

thanks.it is my project of software engineering.i need ur help in every step of this project.now tell me that how to start it.what are the needs of online bookstore.i mean what will be used i.e sql,C Sharp etc and how will be they used.how to make interface.having ur help will be ur kindness for me.thanks once again

Being that it is an online bookstore...and given what I know how to do...this is where I'd start:

1. Definitely use Sql Server or Oracle
  2. Code in C# language
  3. Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 for IDE
  4. Site Certificates for secured transactions (purchases)
  5. IIS 6.0 or later

Unfortunately, like with all software projects, it is hard to "tell" you what to do without knowing any requirements...

Hi
i need a special help in making a online bookstore using ASP.NET and C#.can any
one help me, that how to start and how to make it,because i know very little about
ASP.NET.Thanks in advance.

hi,

look at the website

WWW.dotnetspider.com.. u got the source code of the project..

Karthikeyan

thanks rsoliz
you mean that we will use sql or oracle for database and and make a interface in asp.net using C#.after completing this we will connect it through ado.net.plz further explain it.

Yes, that is exactly what i meant.

Basically model your database with SQL or Oracle to fit the backend needs of your website. You would probably want to track things such as:

• Book Inventory
  • Book Distributors
  • Clients
  • Purchases
  • Reviews (by book)
  • Book Images

Once you have the design of your database, or even while you are designing your database, you could also start designing the look and feel of how you want your online store to appear to the user. I would do this by writing CSS, and then designing the page contents that implement the appropriate styles and structure for how the site should work. You wouldn't need to have any data at this point, just a shell of the site so that when you do have the data, it's just a matter of writing the appropriate code to access, display and modify any data that you need to work with.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.