hi ,goodmorning to everybody,,,

i have two dropdowns and one row for entering data., one dropdown having days and anotherone having 1 to 15 no's.

when i click on 1st dropdows, i select the presenet date.after that i click on 2nd dropdown and selected 5rows.

now i need 5 rows for entering data with related dates(automatically incremented....)....

the total code is in php only because,
after submiting the data,incase when i edit or the same process is continues the entered data also come from database..

if anyone having the answer for this query,plz

Regards
srinivas

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hi ,goodmorning to everybody,,,

i have two dropdowns and one row for entering data., one dropdown having days and anotherone having 1 to 15 no's.

when i click on 1st dropdows, i select the presenet date.after that i click on 2nd dropdown and selected 5rows.

now i need 5 rows for entering data with related dates(automatically incremented....)....

the total code is in php only because,
after submiting the data,incase when i edit or the same process is continues the entered data also come from database..

if anyone having the answer for this query,plz

Regards
srinivas

Hi,

Are you having trouble with creating the mysql query to enter the data into the database?

no ,basically i want to create the row , after that insertion or edit....

no ,basically i want to create the row , after that insertion or edit....

You can use the "INSERT .. ON DUPLICATE KEY UDATE" query.
That will insert new entries if they are unique, or update an existing entry if it already exists.

In order for it to work you must define a UNIQUE index.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.