bmz 0 Newbie Poster

hey... i currently making a web application, in VS 2008 - visual web developer 2008, for our final project and it makes use of an ocx which has methods to enable VOIP. What i did, since the control cannot be added to the tool box in order for it to be simply 'drag and drop'; i used aximp.exe to produce two dll's ATLH323Lib and AxATLH323Lib; i then referenced these two into my web application using Add Reference in the Solution Explorer.

My earlier error was that i always got an {ActiveX control 'fdd4c8c1-69c9-11d3-9dc8-525400e38cf9' cannot be instantiated because the current thread is not in a single-threaded apartment.} error when i did this...

[code=asp.net]namespace WebVOIP
{

public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        //flags to know status of caller
        static bool inComingCall;
        static bool onTheLine;

//variables in use
        static string newline = "\r\n";

//Objects that handles the VOIP capabilites of the site

private AxATLH323Lib.AxH323 ConnectionControl = new AxATLH323Lib.AxH323(); //ERROR points to this line

protected void Page_Load (object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            ConnectionControl.Listen();

//ConnectionControl.ReceivingCall += new ATLH323Lib._IH323Events_ReceivingCallEventHandler(ConnectionControl_ReceivingCall);
        }

}

Then i tried to do it like this ...

[code=asp.net]namespace WebVOIP
{

public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        //flags to know status of caller
        static bool inComingCall;
        static bool onTheLine;

//variables in use
        static string newline = "\r\n";

//Objects that handles the VOIP capabilites of the site

private AxATLH323Lib.AxH323 ConnectionControl;

protected void Page_Load (object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            ConnectionControl = new AxATLH323Lib.AxH323();
            ConnectionControl.Listen();

//ConnectionControl.ReceivingCall += new ATLH323Lib._IH323Events_ReceivingCallEventHandler(ConnectionControl_ReceivingCall);
        }

}

But then this error would appear... {Exception of type 'System.Windows.Forms.AxHost+InvalidActiveXStateException' was thrown.}

Help Please...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.