Hi,
We are a group and want to make a forum using the j2ee technology, and I need your guide through the following:

1. Should we use any FrameWorks ? if yes. which one is better and simpe ?

2. If not using any Framework, then what you suggest ?

3. any reference through how to make a simple Forum using MVC pattern. Just to get the idea ...

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

> 1. Should we use any FrameWorks ? if yes. which one is better and simpe ?

Yes, using one of the Frameworks out there would be far better a choice, no point in reinventing the wheel as long as you know what goes behind the scenes. I have worked with JSF and found it to be quite unsatisfactory. The best bet here would be to try out some of the widely used frameworks out there, implement a prototype and get a feel of how things work out to be. Struts2, Spring MVC, Wicket etc. come to mind. Here is an interesting read.

> 2. If not using any Framework, then what you suggest ?

If you don't use any framework, you end up creating one in the process of developing a complex application like forum. It all depends on what you are up to; if this is a learning activity either implement everything from scratch [if you have enough time!] or use a framework and understand its internals. If you are into serious business, using a framework is advisable.

> 3. any reference through how to make a simple Forum using MVC pattern.

As for the open source forum softwares out there, here is a good reference for you.

./sos

Thanks very much for the idea,
I will post again if faced any problem or if need further info ...

hi
framework is always good to use..............i will suggest struts2, wicket

Hi,
We are a group and want to make a forum using the j2ee technology, and I need your guide through the following:

1. Should we use any FrameWorks ? if yes. which one is better and simpe ?

2. If not using any Framework, then what you suggest ?

3. any reference through how to make a simple Forum using MVC pattern. Just to get the idea ...

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.