Hi am a new programmer and i am a CS/Graphics major. i have already learned Python, xHTML/CSS and i am in the current stage of learning java( i don't think this top portion really mattered)

my question is what should i learn next? PHP or Ruby on Rails? i am confused on which one to learn. i would like to learn both but i don't know which one i should learn now in order to make the other easier/better to understand

i know that PHP is a scripting language and that RoR is a framework of Ruby.

Thank you all for reading my question :)

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by aodpreacher

If you already know python and want to learn a web language you might want to consider Django, a web framework in Python. Would be easier than learning a new language.

I looked at Django and i am not really interested in learning it.maybe in the future.

Syntactically the shortest leap is Ruby, which was influenced by Python. PHP on the other hand has a stronger backing from Perl and C.

i think i am going to look into PHP to learn the back end and hopefully this will help learning the other web frameworks easier

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.