I just launched my first site using JavaScript. Safari and Firefox correctly display all my pages. Explorer 6 correctly displays pages without JavaScript and incorrectly displays pages with JavaScript.

Explorer claims to support JavaScript but Microsoft is known for half heartily supporting other programming languages. And, as a former Windows user that abandoned Microsoft after being hosed by Windows Vista (I'm using a real operating system now - MAX OS X), I don't have much faith in Microsoft technology.

I suspect that I have to build two sites, one (JavaScript free) for Explorer and the other site for all the other browsers that fully support JavaScript.

Is there a workaround, like a native Microsoft language that will allow for interactive functions with Explorer?

Consider using a mature Javascript library like jQuery or Prototype which abstracts away almost all browser inconsistencies and quirks. That way, you would be able to build web applications which work on almost all browsers out there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.