Invalid query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''12' at line 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seen as someone kinda helped me with the last thread i posted i have now been issued with this error above no can some one explain what this means pls bear in mind i am a newbie to php and am right to assume that is a error in the mysql db itself i specifically have a problem with the at line 1 bit thaks every guy/gal

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

can you post your query?

its a syntax error and we the need the code to fix it.

I normally see this error when a ' is added in the data that is being submitted to the DB. Try addslashes($var); and stripslashes($var);

We would need to see the code line it is referring to. Also, for quick fixes highlight the error and remove the personal information (ie. line number and file) and do a Google text. (Hint: The error is probably going to be the bold text)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.