hi
I am just a beginner to ASP and at my work got this task to complete.There is an existing website with around 1000 asp pages.Now i have to add one table in all the pages in very short time.
Can u please help me with ideas and codes, how to do it.

Its very important for me.

Thanks

sindhu_at

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If the existing web pages...
- are prepared using template, then modify to the template will update to all the web pages. No ASP knowledge needed, but need program like Dreamweaver or Frontpage to do this.
- use SSI to include a common file, the table may put into the common file and it will display in all web pages.

Otherwise, you may need to update them one by one. Can you put the web address here?

hi
I am just a beginner to ASP and at my work got this task to complete.There is an existing website with around 1000 asp pages.Now i have to add one table in all the pages in very short time.
Can u please help me with ideas and codes, how to do it.

Its very important for me.

Thanks

sindhu_at

To do something like that, I have a tactic that might work, if you could find the code to make a header file, you could include it in the pages and it would probably fix this up...of course placing it might be a pain but it will work.

I agree with the above and usually what I do when creating a site is make a header.asp and a footer.asp file. Then I make each individual page and place the include for the header.asp and the footer.asp within the page.

After you do this and you want to update something say in a menu at the top or a link a the bottom you only need to make the changes in one file header.asp or footer.asp and it updates in all pages that you did the include of the files in.

:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.