I am a post graduate

I was approached by a company to design for them an Intranet using ASP i just want to know is this a complex issue or is it easy, bcoz in college( those unknown colleges) we didnt do that much ASP

IF U MAY PLease give me some code if you have

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I am a post graduate

I was approached by a company to design for them an Intranet using ASP i just want to know is this a complex issue or is it easy, bcoz in college( those unknown colleges) we didnt do that much ASP

IF U MAY PLease give me some code if you have

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. if you dont know asp and the intranet thing is mild to complex then DONT you will get yourself into dificulties if it doesnt work and the client tends to get rather agitated (past experiance when you say that feature isnt supported).

intranet sites are websites run localy on a network so if you can build a asp (since this is a ASP thread) website you can build a intranet site.

i did do the intranet, check out the attachment and tell me what you think

i did do the intranet, check out the attachment and tell me what you think

HTTP 401.1 - Unauthorized: Logon Failed

i tried mark and chaos

what a you saying

Is it possible to make an intranet using only html pages?
Or does it have to be in ASP.

Also...After designing the intranet in ASP or HTML,
How do I get it on my company server?

its possible. an intranet is basicaly a website, so anything you can do for the web you can do for intranets. my question to you is why would you want to. ordinary html is sooo limiting, unless you want to have a basic birthday callendar type thing.

to set it up, you will need one computer with with a web server (IIS, Apache) since this is asp thread, stick to IIS. if the other computers can ping that computer and IIS is setup, then all you have to do is out the files into the wwwroot folder and enter that computer's ip adress in the address bar of your browser.

zalakes,

if someone contacts you asking for something to be made, and you have to post on a forum asking what it is and how it should be made, you shouldn’t take the job.

I took a look at your application (the download you posted), and it would take two seconds for anyone that knows SQL or any other coding language to completely delete your websites content. You have no SQL injection filters. I really hope this would never be on the internet.

Also, you left some contacts in the database (they look real), i suggest you remove them or some people could be really pissed at you for putting up their person information on the web.

To others:
How the heck do people with no knowledge get these jobs???? I have over 5 years experience, and people always under me are getting jobs out of the blue... I guess companies are looking for people with less experience these days :s

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.