On my MySQL search what I want to do is redirect a user to another page and show an error message if the search returned no results. But for some reason the user never gets redirected.

Can you spot my problem? :|

$sql = "SELECT * FROM `list` WHERE `title` LIKE '%".$search[0]."%' AND `url` LIKE '%".$sites[0]."%'";

$catcnt = mysql_fetch_row(mysql_query($sql));

if($catcnt[0] == ''){header('Location: index.php');}else{echo $catcnt[0];}
Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by vinothkumarc

Ooops. Thats a mistype. The problem still stands though. Ill update the code in the first thread.

Also it would probably be better to use strlen() or empty() to determine if there is no value to the array. Script should look like following:

$sql = "SELECT * FROM `list` WHERE `title` LIKE '%".$search[0]."%' AND `url` LIKE '%".$sites[0]."%'";

if(empty($catcnt[0]))
{ 
header('Location: index.php');
}
else{
echo $catcnt[0];
}

If you search the forum first you can often find previous posts with similar problems. Try this one as an example:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread101948.html

Thanks for that...

I needed to use javascript for this. Heres my code now:

<?php
 if(empty($catcnt)){
echo("<script>location.href = 'index.php?error=Your search returned no results';</script>");
}else
{echo $catcnt[0];
} 
?>

if(@!isset($catcnt[0]) && $catcnt[0]=='')
   {
         header('Location: index.php');
         exit;
   }
   else{
       echo $catcnt[0];
  }

-- Always use exit while using "header";

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.