Which has more functionalities? ASP.NET or PHP
And which is more flexible?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi,

Both PHP and asp.net have there strengths but definitely ASP.NET is better for big projects as it is rich in features and is very robust.

PHP's strength is in its wide acceptance and freebies.

So it's our choice

...or you can use Mono, Apache, Linux and MySQL if expenses are critical for you. This is still ASP.NET.

commented: Yes in deed, Mono project is another option +16

Am into ASP.NET, so i was wondering what PHP looks like and to see if it has more functionalities. With Visual Web Developer, you dont really need to have programming experience, all you need is just good book to put you through all the tools and their functions and you are good to go.

More than ASP.NET? You gotta be kidding. :) PHP is poor man's ASP.NET, but if you like it go for it!

Then again, i know a lot more software written in PHP then i do in ASP.NET

And PHP hosting on linux/apache tends to be cheaper.

PHP isnt as easy to use as ASP.NET, there isnt really any nice GUI tools or anyhting like Visual Studio, so you generally need to get stuck in with a text editor.

All in all they have fairly similar capabilities though. I personally prefer ASP.NET however.

More than ASP.NET? You gotta be kidding. :) PHP is poor man's ASP.NET, but if you like it go for it!

If PHP is that, you do not mind calling ASP.NET and any other Microsoft technology around Visual Studio drag & drop for kids ;)

Of topic, recent NetBeans tutorials tend to do same, and then one have to answer stupid question why user input from text field, that comes as String type, cannot be stored in Integer because that is what he wants...

Kids often do more important things than adults. Read "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry to get to the point. (Or many other books...)

Kids often do more important things than adults. Read "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry to get to the point. (Or many other books...)

You would be surprised how much reading I do, by the way The Little Prince is great book

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.