Hi,

noobie here. Anyone know how to tranfer my asp.net membership credentials from my localhost to online? I have a webhost that I am using to test stuff that I do offline, and have been uploading everthing after I try it on my local machine to see how it works online. At this stage I have used the asp.net login controls and configured it using asp.net configuration. Now I have transfered the login.aspx page online. I'm a bit stuck as to how I would transfer the membership/user login details online. I am using a sql express database to store the membership details. Anyone know how to do this or a link to another thread that helps answer this?

Cheers

Dave

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by dzl1

>Have you store membership, role and user info is custom database or aspnetdb.mdf?

memberships and roles have been stored in a sql database. I also have sql hosting and have an online database created which I can access using SQL sever management studio. What I'm stuck on, is can I use the management studio to transfer the roles/memberships online, and if so - how

Or is there some other way to do this? The people who are hosting my site advised me that memberships has been enabled on the database...

Cheers.

Use Database Publishing Wizard. You may start this tool while clicking on "Publish To Provider" context menu on server explorer.

I've seen that around, however I have been unable to find that option on the context menu when I right click on the database in vs2008, it doesn't show. I am running vista business 64bit with vs2008 sp1...I think I left that problem for another time...Do you know of any other ways to transfer the memberships over? Thanks for the reply.

If you used custom database then It won't appear. With custom database you have to write SQL statement (to create tables, view, etc ) in database which is located at application host (server).

Please also tell me, how do you configure web application? WAT or manually?

If you used custom database then It won't appear. With custom database you have to write SQL statement (to create tables, view, etc ) in database which is located at application host (server).

Please also tell me, how do you configure web application? WAT or manually?

Hi adatapost,

I configured it using WAT.

Cheers

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.