Hi All,

I guess, its really hard to check if a selected file(html file control) exist in the same location(local system) using javascript other than using FSO. I would like to know is it possible to check using ajax and jsp,checking after submitting the form. If yes, pl.send me the sample code...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is it posibble to select a file using html form tag if file is not present in your local machine?

No, if a file is not present in local machine we cannot select. But after selecting a file from local machine and before submitting the form, user may change/delete/rename the source file. So the form will upload blank file.

After selecting and before submitting the form, i want to check if file is still in the same location.This is what am trying convey.

But many of the guru's answer was impossible, only way is using FSO ActiveX control.

Thanks,

Is it posibble to select a file using html form tag if file is not present in your local machine?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.