I am working an an app that allows users that create crystal reports (.rpt files) to upload and view their reports via my web application using the CrystalReportViewer server control. I would like to dynamically create my own form for them (to take the place of the ugly ones Crystal generates). I am able to do this and pass parameters just fine if I know all the parameter names before hand. However, I can't seem to find a way to interrogate the .rpt file to get the expected parameters. Has anyone done this before? I suspect the answer is simple, I just haven't been able to find it.

Thanks a lot!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Do you want to display crystal report programatically? If so then create instances of CrystalReportSource , CyrstalReportViewer, and DataSet classes.

I am able to programmatically display the reports, and pass parameters to the reports if I know the parameter names ahead of time. What I'm not sure of is how to determine what parameters the report is expecting at runtime.

Thanks for the help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.