I am developing a website to automate the virtual server creation. At the time of creating and starting the VPS, I am receiving this error message. I think it is regarding something permission related and my host can solve this. I am just looking for a suggestion if there is anything that I can solve the problem with.

erver Error in '/myForex' Application.
The virtual machine could not be started because the virtual machine account does not have read and write access.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: The virtual machine could not be started because the virtual machine account does not have read and write access.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.
The second line of code gives the error

vm = vs.FindVirtualMachine(vpsname);
vm.Startup();
lblmes.Text = "Message : " + vpsname + " has been turned on.";

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Navigate to the directory where your VPS files are created(virtual hard disk file, configuration file, etc).
Right Click => Properties => Security => Select Virtual Machine Account User => Assign all required Permissions and propagate the same for the child objects => Press OK

I am also facing the same problem if some one have the solution of this problem please replay soon.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.