I am writing a program that has a sort of login window, i was looking for a way to resize the window so that it doesn't open so big with empty space. Any help is appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

you can open a new window using javascript window.open method, it has parameter collection to resize the window.
you can search google with javascript window open resize

I am writing a program that has a sort of login window, i was looking for a way to resize the window so that it doesn't open so big with empty space. Any help is appreciated

window.open("ur"l, "title", "height=what you want,width=what you want")

you can add to the last string more settings of the opened window like status(yes/no), toolbar (yes/no), menubar(yes/no) and more...
you can check the list of available settings in this link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536651(VS.85).aspx
in the "sFeatures" section.

enjoy

window.open("ur"l, "title", "height=what you want,width=what you want")

you can add to the last string more settings of the opened window like status(yes/no), toolbar (yes/no), menubar(yes/no) and more...
you can check the list of available settings in this link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536651(VS.85).aspx
in the "sFeatures" section.

enjoy

I don't think i understand how to use this. Does this go in my Body tag or in the ASPX.cs file?

I don't think i understand how to use this. Does this go in my Body tag or in the ASPX.cs file?

to your body tag in a script tag

<body>

<script language="javascript">
window.open("","","")

</ script>
</ body>

to your body tag in a script tag
<body>

<script language="javascript">
window.open("","","")

</ script>
</ body>

I added this into my body tag and it still opens up with the normal window size.

I added this into my body tag and it still opens up with the normal window size.

post your code here please (the html source)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.