I have one page which is placed in the Master Page.

In the master page i have 1 dropdown and one GridView, dropdown is display the category , based on the dropdown list selection it will display the list of videos in the Grid.

In the content page i have the video player, in the page load it will play the video by default.

But when i choose the drop down list which is available in the master page, the page is refreshing, SO the video is start play from the first.

The content page should not refresh, So the video will continuously play.

So please advice how to stop the page refresh in the content page. please help me its urgent.

Thanks in Advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have one page which is placed in the Master Page.

In the master page i have 1 dropdown and one GridView, dropdown is display the category , based on the dropdown list selection it will display the list of videos in the Grid.

In the content page i have the video player, in the page load it will play the video by default.

But when i choose the drop down list which is available in the master page, the page is refreshing, SO the video is start play from the first.

The content page should not refresh, So the video will continuously play.

So please advice how to stop the page refresh in the content page. please help me its urgent.

Thanks in Advance

Please use ajax to place your dropdown and grid into one update panel. Just place you video element outside the panel.

which ajax control i have to use sir,, can u provide a sample code...

Since this is asp.net thread, you need only two:
The script manager control (placed before other ajax controls)
The update panel control that contains the dropdown and grid.

Hope this helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.