Hi folks,
I'm really at a loss here, and I'm no really even sure if this is the place to post-if not, please feel free to send me where you think I can figure this out!

I have a php login page that is connecting to a database that is being hosted by a godaddy linux server. It is a mySQL server and sys version 5.0

This login screen usually works fine for me, but in the last three days, for a few hours at a time, if I put in my username and password, and click the login button, then both fields just go blank right when I hit the button and I can't log in.

Now here is the weird part:
The log in screen will work for other people on different computers around the US and the World, but when this problem happens, it happens to ALL my computers in the house. To clarify-I will be having the problem, but if I call someone else, they can log in just fine. I've tested this twice now.

That makes me think it is some strange network issue, or possible some sort of IP conflict or something?!? I just really have NO IDEA what to even look for to try and correct this because it seems totally random! But when it happens, it happens for hours at a time so is a serious issue. Should I be talking to Godaddy? Should I be looking at my script? Should I be looking at the database settings?!?

Let me say, that when I'm having this problem, all other websites and log in and passwords, etc work just fine.

Thank you for any help in this area!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Okay because we have a wide range of possibilaties we need to narrow it down. First I would suggest that, the next time it happens to unplug your router or modem for around 10 seconds then plug it back in.

If you have a Dynamic IP then your IP will change when your router next connects to the ISP's network. Then try this again and if it works fine then we know we have an issue with the IP address or host.

Okay because we have a wide range of possibilaties we need to narrow it down. First I would suggest that, the next time it happens to unplug your router or modem for around 10 seconds then plug it back in.

If you have a Dynamic IP then your IP will change when your router next connects to the ISP's network. Then try this again and if it works fine then we know we have an issue with the IP address or host.

Thanks for the reply Josh. I have tried the unplugging router and modem thing and that didn't fix the issue. Most the computes are using static IPs.

I've been on the phone with Godaddy, and we did a tracert for the database. They say I'm getting through fine. He said that maybe the ISP has ports randomly block and this could cause this issue?!?

Okay, I may be mistaken in how this is all set up...

Please explain in detail your whole setup. I know Godaddy hosts your MySql server but who hosts the actually machine?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.