I have worked on Java but new to PHP.
I want to know the scope of PHP. Where PHP works ?
like JAVA ban be used to create desktop applications and on J2EE platform for developing WEB APPLICTIONS and JAVA has many API to work with.
Q1. Can PHP be used to created desktop based applications OR it is used only for web based applications ?
Q2. Does PHP has PERSISTENCE technologies like JAVA has HIBERNATE and EJB ?
Q3. ARE there any APIs to work with PHP ?

friends pls help me to understand the scope of PHP and areas where PHP can be used?

Thx

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You might want to use google before we spoonfeed you homework help.

You might want to use google before we spoonfeed you homework help.

+1
Looking up the difference between programming languages and scripting languages might be a good place to start.

Q1. Can PHP be used to created desktop based applications OR it is used only for web based applications ?
Q2. Does PHP has PERSISTENCE technologies like JAVA has HIBERNATE and EJB ?
Q3. ARE there any APIs to work with PHP ?

A1. PHP can be used for web applications and desktop applications (default commandline, but I know there is atleast a gtk+ library for it), but it is mainly used for web
A2. PHP has the ability to serialize objects and there are a few ORM (like Hibernate) libraries out there as well.
A3. PHP can interact in some way with web services and of course some websites actually have PHP specific API's, you'll have to look into this to really find out how much there is...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.