Hey so basically as the title suggests I want to develop a PHP website on my Mac, the site will not be hosted on my laptop but will be hosted on an Irish web hosting server.

Anyway I am wondering what is needed to develop on the Mac? I just started my Apache server for anticipation of testing the page.

Now there is a thread on here about it, but it's over 3 years old so I assume in the last 3 years there has been better development in this area.

Any help is very much appreciated!

cwarn23 commented: 1 of the 1st Newbie Posters Ive seen not bump an old thread +4

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Now there is a thread on here about it, but it's over 3 years old so I assume in the last 3 years there has been better development in this area.

At last a newbie to the forums who didn't bump an old thread.:) As for the answer - xampp is a package you can use which is cross platform including mac. An installation copy with documentation can be found at http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-macosx.html

Perfect! Thank you so much, I had seen that word before when I was trying to do research but I didn't come across it again and came here :) thanks for your help cwarn23! Hehe even the description on xampp is perfect for me!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.