I am new to ASP.net and I have inherited a web application.

Now I have to change the gui and hence the whole navigational flow.

I have a top banner. Then I have left side menus and then on click I want to display on the right side some page.

the way this application is written is there is a home.apx where is there is code like:

if request.querystring("action")="hm" or request.querystring("action")="hm.ac.ps" or request.querystring("action")="hm.ac" then server.execute("includes/incl_left_home.aspx")

The thing I can't understand is how it displays incl_left_home.apx on left side and home_inner.apx on the right side when I can see where this home_inner.aspx is called. The above like only calls inc"lef_home.aspx.

This is the same with other menus too like profile etc. Any suggestions. I need to find it and change such that the left side menu is invoked only once in the beginning i.e after login then want ever menu I click on the left side, the page changes on the right side..

Please help.

12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbade

Hmm. Hard to answer without seeing the code and pages. My guess, and it's just a guess, is that CSS is positioning the various elements, so digging though the code-behind pages won't help you.

Thanks very much. I checked it out. They are positioning it in CSS.
Thomas, do you know of any samples I can get from web site or books that have code for a small menu project that has one header , one footer ,one left side menus and one right side display and does not use frames.

There are quite a few examples. If you do an internet search for "CSS fluid layout template", you should find everything you need.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.