i have develop a simple login form...
using ASP.net 2.0 and vb

then i have upload it into my localhost(IIS)
when i tried to view the page , the page was displayed like what i want.. but when i tried to input in username textbox runtime error appeared ... please refer to my attachment

and this is the error code

nbsp;<input name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$TextBox1" type="text" value="asd" onchange="javascript:setTimeout('__doPostBack(\'ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$TextBox1\',\'\')', 0)" onkeypress="[B][COLOR="Red"]if (WebForm_TextBoxKeyHandler(event) == false[/COLOR][/B]) return false;" id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_TextBox1" style="width:155px;" />[CODE][/CODE]

the error might be JScript runtime error.... i dont know... can anybody help me... i want my asp:textbox to be set autopostback=true without JScript error...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

In the VS designer you have selected for the textbox to be AutoPostBack = True? Is the javascript code shown in red entered by yourself or auto generated by VS at compilation?

In the VS designer you have selected for the textbox to be AutoPostBack = True? Is the javascript code shown in red entered by yourself or auto generated by VS at compilation?

the code generated by vs at compilation when i upload my application in IIS....
but i wanted my textbox to be post back .. is there another way to set textbox so that textbox can postback either than setting the autopostback=true

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.