Hi there, I'm new to webapp creation and want to try making one using eclipse, maven and spring.
The tutorials I find on the net use the maven-archetype-webapp to start their creation, but for some reason that doesn't work on my eclipse... When I fire it up its settings start with a of mix of two other webapp projects that are in my eclipse. These other projects were created by other people.
Is there anywhere a quick tutorial for creating a basic webapp, using maven, that doesnt make use of the maven archetype? Preferably without using any other tools/frameworks like jboss, if that is possible.

Thanks in advance for any tips on this,

Klaas

if you have maven in your path run this at the command line

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.test.webapp                                                            -DartifactId=my-webapp                                                              -DpackageName=com.test.webapp                                                               -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp

This should create a template web-app project which you can work with and you can simple import it as a maven project into eclipse.

If you have the maven plugin install in your eclipse then in your eclipse help you can find the Maven Definitive guide ebook.

good luck :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.