i have installed drupal in my xampp root. but recently even though my drupal sites work, when i call localhost, unlike other times where "xampp" page shows up to say that apache server is running successfully does not show and the following errors display.

Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\defines.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php on line 24

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\defines.php' (include_path='.;\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php on line 24

what shud i do??
even though i have no problems with using my drupal sites, i dont know if these errors might be a problem later on... please tell me how to fix this so i can get the apache running successfully xampp page back...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Xampp is probably looking for its own PHP files. Since drupal is in its own directory it won't have problems with missing files. You probably moved the Xampp PHP files.

Check to see if C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\defines.php is present in the directory mentioned. If it's not, you probably moved it. If you don't want the error message to come, either restore those files or remove the index.php in your webroot so that nothing is executed.

there is no such folder.what should i do? hwo do i get this includes folder?

there was a newly created index file which i deleted, and now when i type localhost a html page shows saying "it works"
how do i check if apache is running through the browser?

If you get a directory listing or if some HTML is served to your browser without any errors, Apache is running.

If you type http://localhost when apache is not running, the browser gives an error.

Close, if this solves your question.

could not execute menu(internal error )[Execution] Could not perform service action: The service has not been started

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.