Hi.

I am working on a HRMS system in J2EE. Here i need to verify mobile number through sms.

I am reading about it from 2 days but didn't get anything except SMPP. It will take a long time for me to learn this and implement whole.

I need suggestion for this. And if SMPP is the only solution then good resource link for that.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You can send SMS messages anywhere you can send email. You need to know the user's carrier (e.g. Verizon, Alltell, Sprint, AT&T, etc) and then you can lookup the carrier-specific email suffix to use. For example (PHP, but can be adapted to JSP quickly):

switch ($cair) {
	  case "1":
		  // Alltel: phonenumber@message.alltel.com
		  $email = $number . '@message.alltel.com';
		  break;
	  case "2":
		  // AT&T: phonenumber@txt.att.net
		  $email = $number . '@txt.att.net';
		  break;
	  case "3":
		  // Boost Mobile: number@myboostmobile.com
		  $email = $number . '@myboostmobile.com';
		  break;
	  case "4":
		  // Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com
		  $email = $number . '@cingularme.com';
		  break;
	  case "5":
		  // Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com 
		  $email = $number . '@messaging.nextel.com ';
		  break;
	  case "6":
		  // Powertel: phonenumber@ptel.net
		  $email = $number . '@ptel.net';
		  break;
	  case "7":
		  // Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
		  $email = $number . '@messaging.sprintpcs.com';
		  break;
	  case "8":
		  // SunCom: phonenumber@tms.suncom.com
		  $email = $number . '@tms.suncom.com';
		  break;
	  case "9":
		  // T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
		  $email = $number . '@tmomail.net';
		  break;
	  case "10":
		  // Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com
		  $email = $number . '@vtext.com';
		  break;
	  case "11":
		  // Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com
		  $email = $number . '@vmobl.com';
		  break;
	  case "12":
		  // US Cellular: phonenumber@email.uscc.net
		  $email = $number . '@email.uscc.net';
		  break;
  }

Given the user's number, and these suffixes, you can use JavaMail to send the SMS via your local mail server.

Thanks for replying man. But i am in gujarat and i m not getting carrier specific email addresses for service providers in gujarat. I tried some from my hotmail account but it is not delivering sms.

I think this is a temporary or improper way to use implement this service.

Hi Hardik,

I have written a code that will send sms from the app. But you can only achieve this if you have a SMTP server configured. Your java code will establish a connection with the SMTP server and then send the packets to a particular mobile no.

Regards,
Suvojit

Hi Rajini,
I found solution for this problem.. highlevel the solution is there are sites who will provide you any URL with member registration...
all you have to build a query string with the given parameters like phonenumber and message... you can find lot many such providers just search "bluk sms" providers..
Hope this will helps u
if u need any more info/help email me : <EMAIL SNIPPED>

suvojit.dhole - I think i got your point but i am not getting that SMTP and SMPP are both different protocols then how can i send message to mobile through SMTP server. Would you please clarify more about this.

buzzi - Yeah you are right i got some provider. But by luck my company won't allow me to pay for that. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.