has anyone installed wordpress on a joomla website and tried to integrate users?
Im weighing up the pro's and cons of doing this to a couple of sites, I dont need the users to be integrated just yet, but it is something I think might come up in the future so trying to plan ahead.
so any idea's, suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for nileshgr

If we design something like all apps using an Authentication API. The API of each application can be configured to use a common userbase.

has anyone installed wordpress on a joomla website and tried to integrate users?
Im weighing up the pro's and cons of doing this to a couple of sites, I dont need the users to be integrated just yet, but it is something I think might come up in the future so trying to plan ahead.
so any idea's, suggestions?

Try this bridge. I don't know if user's are integrated or not.

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-production/blog/6659

However, it shouldn't be that hard to do with a custom Joomla Plugin. Joomla has events triggered for user registration, authentication, etc. So you can register the user across from Joomla to Wordpress, and/or integrate authentication.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.