HI There,

I am facing a different kind of issue, which is giving the below error,

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e21'

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

/CISL/Web/Calls/BNTANT Response Time/BNTResponseTime_Graph.asp, line 246

The stored procedure involved is used to generate a report based on days range ( like 30 days, 60 days, 90 & 180 days)

The procedure which i execute in this asp page is executing fine when i execute from Query analyser. But the issue is the error is thrown when i select 180 days range and that too only when i run it first time from front end. If i run the second time it works fine from then on.

If i run the 60 days report first and try the 180 days report second time, it works fine.

If i try first the 180 days report after a long time (of 1 to 2 hrs) it gives error.

Could any one help me on this ASAP?

Many Thanks in Advance!!!

Regards,
pradeep

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>>If i try first the 180 days report after a long time (of 1 to 2 hrs) it gives error.

You're probably choking the SQL Server. You should not generate a report that takes 1+ hours on-demand from a web interface. Schedule it in some sort of queue and notify the user when it is complete. The problem is likely inside of your database. Post the stored procedure in question.

>>If i try first the 180 days report after a long time (of 1 to 2 hrs) it gives error.

You're probably choking the SQL Server. You should not generate a report that takes 1+ hours on-demand from a web interface. Schedule it in some sort of queue and notify the user when it is complete. The problem is likely inside of your database. Post the stored procedure in question.

------------------------------------------

It is not actually running for 1 hr. What i meant is, if we try the report generation task after 1 or 2 hrs for 180 days we are getting the error.

So the error is coming soemtimes and sometimes everything is working fine.

Please find attahced the ASP code and Procedure being used.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.