I have a simple question

I am developing 1 simple Job Site.
1. Where Job seekers will upload their Resume (in format of .txt or .doc or .docx file).
2. After tat if they want they can preview their uploaded resume in HTML format in different window.

I just want to know what is the technique used for 2nd part of my requirement. As this is common in most of the Job Site.

Regards

I have a simple question

I am developing 1 simple Job Site.
1. Where Job seekers will upload their Resume (in format of .txt or .doc or .docx file).
2. After tat if they want they can preview their uploaded resume in HTML format in different window.

I just want to know what is the technique used for 2nd part of my requirement. As this is common in most of the Job Site.

Regards

.txt is simple since everything is in plain text. One function that will help a lot is nl2br. As far as .doc or .docx, you will probably need some type of external library or pre-made function for that. I would suggest searching on google for "convert .doc html php".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.