I have a problem with a script that I bought. I'm trying to put the files in a different directory (different from the original) and for some reason I receive an error message saying; ” File(../../poll/Poll.php) is not within the allowed path(s)”.

I've received this answer from the programmer of the script:

"Place a file test.php in your Poll directory with the following code:

<?php echo dirname(_FILE_); ?>

Call this file from your browser, and that path that is shown is the absolute path to the Poll directory."

I'm unsure what he means by "call the file from my browser" but jumped to the conclusion that it meant accessing the file from the browser. When I do so there's nothing shown; path or anything.

I have a problem with a script that I bought. I'm trying to put the files in a different directory (different from the original) and for some reason I receive an error message saying; ” File(../../poll/Poll.php) is not within the allowed path(s)”.

I've received this answer from the programmer of the script:

"Place a file test.php in your Poll directory with the following code:

<?php echo dirname(_FILE_); ?>

Call this file from your browser, and that path that is shown is the absolute path to the Poll directory."

I'm unsure what he means by "call the file from my browser" but jumped to the conclusion that it meant accessing the file from the browser. When I do so there's nothing shown; path or anything.

have you made test.php file ? if yes then hav u placed that code? if yes then from browser have you called that file ?

your path is something like this..

www.yoursite.com/poll/test.php

have you access your test.php file like this ??

try to access your test.php file like this..

hope this will help u...:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.