Member Avatar for b1izzard

Hi to all, I have installed VS2008 pro in Xp sp2 pro. I have a problem with positioning of the controls while in the Design mode during a webpage development. Whenever I Add a "BUTTON" or any control in the form and want to drag it anywhere within the form means I need to "Select the Control " then Goto "Format->Position->Absolute". After this I can place the control anywere in the form. Is there any way to overcome it ?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hi dear,
Asp.net enviornment is quite different from Visual basic form but asp.net form called web form in which u have to work with with LAYERS,DIVS and tables ....

Possible Solutions:
1-make the table structure like that in order you need your control placed.
2-Right click on control -> properties -> Style -> Position tab -> Top (set your required top , left etc positions)

Regardss

Hi to all, I have installed VS2008 pro in Xp sp2 pro. I have a problem with positioning of the controls while in the Design mode during a webpage development. Whenever I Add a "BUTTON" or any control in the form and want to drag it anywhere within the form means I need to "Select the Control " then Goto "Format->Position->Absolute". After this I can place the control anywere in the form. Is there any way to overcome it ?

Go on Tools->options->HtmlDesigners->CSS Positioning and select the top most check box and select Absolute Postioning. and OK

Member Avatar for b1izzard

@amitshrivas : ur answer solves the positioning of other controls except "Label" which is fixed in its Left Top position.

@amitshrivas : ur answer solves the positioning of other controls except "Label" which is fixed in its Left Top position.

Actually you have already taken the Label control before all these settings to made may be that's the reason just drag it that control and it will automatically adjust to left top of window then after you can adjust that Label Control accordingly

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.