Hi,

I have a left frame and right frame.The left frame has lets say three buttons and when each button is selected,a different page is selected in the right frame.The pages in the right frame has its own computation,like dropdown boxes to select the query.

Whats happening here is,during the computation inside a particular page if the user selects a different button in the left frame,all the values are lost.
I need to somehow retain these values.

PROBLEM
I tried to use session variables to save the values in each page, But when I select a different button and come back to the original button,THE CONTROL IS NOT HITTING THE SERVER

Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

When the page in the right-frame loads, it should disable the buttons in the left-frame, until it is done computing. When it is done, it should enable the buttons.

The problem comes when the page loads and all the loading is over.Its not during exectuion that I'm having the problem but after execution.

I'll try to explain to you in a TRAP i'm struck..

The left frame has two buttons,button1 and button2.Button1 takes the user to page1 and button2 takes the user to page2 on the right frame.

The right frame (page1) has a Dropdown menu..

The user does three things..
1.The user does some operation in Page1..Like select a dropdown menu a table appears...I saved the result from the dropdownlist on a session variable in Page1.

2.The user Goes to page2 by clicking button2 from the leftframe.

3.Now the user comes back to the original page(page1) by clicking button1.
When this operation is done,the CONTROL IS NOT HITTING THE SERVER or IN OTHER WORKS, CODES IN THE PAGE LOAD ARE NOT BEING EXECUTED.

Hi,
Go thru this link. You will find proper soulution of your problem.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/PrintSearchContent.asp?LINKID=363

Bye.
Regards,
Jagdish Sakhiya
Bangalore - India

Hi,

I have a left frame and right frame.The left frame has lets say three buttons and when each button is selected,a different page is selected in the right frame.The pages in the right frame has its own computation,like dropdown boxes to select the query.

Whats happening here is,during the computation inside a particular page if the user selects a different button in the left frame,all the values are lost.
I need to somehow retain these values.

PROBLEM
I tried to use session variables to save the values in each page, But when I select a different button and come back to the original button,THE CONTROL IS NOT HITTING THE SERVER

Any suggestions?

Thanks Jagdish,
That really helped.I'm sure a method like that will certainly solve this issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.