I'm trying to write code for a page using VB and as I'm new to this, I'm needing some assistance.

I have a button on a web page for uploading a .csv file but I also want that button to function as taking people to a destination page as well. How can I do that with the button controls?

Thank you

Doug

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi Doug,

I think you may call uploading method in the on_click event and then take to the destination page when the uploading is finished.

Thanks,

I'm trying to write code for a page using VB and as I'm new to this, I'm needing some assistance.

I have a button on a web page for uploading a .csv file but I also want that button to function as taking people to a destination page as well. How can I do that with the button controls?

Thank you

Doug

Use the PostBackUrl property of the button to go to whatever page you wish after the postback. As the above poster said, code the uploading in the button event and then set this property and you should be good to go.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.