Hi there

Im getting this error message with a script im trying to use.

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/rideron1/public_html/join_form.php on line 67
No database selected

The script im using works on my local server but as soon as I upload it to my web server it gives the above error, the section of code that is giving me the problem is

// Connect to database
     include "script/db_connect_online.php";
     $emailCHecker = mysql_real_escape_string($email1);
	 $emailCHecker = eregi_replace("`", "", $emailCHecker);
     // Database duplicate e-mail check setup for use below in the error handling if else conditionals
     $sql_email_check = mysql_query("SELECT email FROM mymembers WHERE email='$emailCHecker'");
     $email_check = mysql_num_rows($sql_email_check);

please help its driving me nuts..

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi and welcome to daniweb. Could you please edit your post and add code tags. Also as for the solution change the second last line to the following:

$sql_email_check = mysql_query("SELECT email FROM mymembers WHERE email='$emailCHecker'") or die(mysql_error());

Then tell me what error that reports.

Hi
it comes back with No database selected.

how do I go back into my thread to edit it?

Hi there

Im getting this error message with a script im trying to use.

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/rideron1/public_html/join_form.php on line 67
No database selected

The script im using works on my local server but as soon as I upload it to my web server it gives the above error, the section of code that is giving me the problem is

// Connect to database
include "script/db_connect_online.php";
$emailCHecker = mysql_real_escape_string($email1);
$emailCHecker = eregi_replace("`", "", $emailCHecker);
// Database duplicate e-mail check setup for use below in the error handling if else conditionals
$sql_email_check = mysql_query("SELECT email FROM mymembers WHERE email='$emailCHecker'");
$email_check = mysql_num_rows($sql_email_check);

please help its driving me nuts..

it comes back with No database selected.

It means you haven't used the mysql_select_db() function. I would suggest reading up on a mysql tutorial.

Thanks for the help, I have modified the mysql connection script and added the mysql_select_db() function and it works perfect now.

thanks again for the help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.