Hi! i know you already experience to use this two cms software. I only want to know which of this two is the best. I have planned to create a site and then i am hesitate. I want your opinion or suggestions. please help me!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

According to php tutorial Wordpress was designed for simple postings of discrete articles like blogs with enhanced features not found on blogger.So it is a great blogging tool. But my opinion: If you're going to do more than just a blog, it is wasting time, money, and effort with WP

I agree with dereksy.
Wordpress is for simple blogging and Joomla is for making a "real" site.

It means that joomla is better than wordpress when it comes to creating a site. Is there any site than can give free joomla extensions? except this site http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions. please i need your help.

The site http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions contains a listing of all the extensions contributed by developers to the Joomla project.
Most of the websites that give free/proprietary joomla extensions in most cases are owned by the developers of the respective extensions (Note that their extensions are also listed on the extensions directory website linked here above). If you are looking for an extension, then the first stop should be the extensions directory!

out of all of them i'd pick Drupal. Joomla is good and works pretty much the same way, but I think that the Drupal community is much larger. There are many user created modules and themes that you may download and integrate into your site for free.

out of all of them i'd pick Drupal. Joomla is good and works pretty much the same way, but I think that the Drupal community is much larger. There are many user created modules and themes that you may download and integrate into your site for free.

I don't know how drupal's community works these days, but few years ago I was on the same situation as our co-writer. What made me to go with joomla was the community. I asked a question and i waited for an answer (an useful one). from joomla's forum it came within few hours, and from drupal ... well i'm still waiting.

Please, don't get me wrong, I don't know how things are going with drupal these days.

Now, back to topic.
If you want a simple site with posts and comments, WP it's more the enough. If you want any other fancy stuff, Joomla will do that work.
If you have some experience with programming, you can go to build your own site (of course there are advantages and disadvantages but i think it's not the scope of your post)

hi! i choose wordpress for my blog. What do you mean by chmod in wordpress?

Hello All
I Like Joomla CMS.joomla is better than wordpress when it comes to creating a site.I know that this is not really anything new to a lot of people that have been using Joomla as a CMS only.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.