Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tejasluvs

Is there a specific reason you want to do it with PHP ? If you use a shell script it can be as small as this:

#!/bin/sh
DATE=`/bin/date +"%G%m%d"` ;
mysqldump --host=localhost --user=YOURUSER --password=YOURPASSWORD --all-databases --single-transaction --quick | gzip > ./YOURFILEPATH/backup-$DATE.sql.gz ;

Is there a specific reason you want to do it with PHP ? If you use a shell script it can be as small as this:

#!/bin/sh
DATE=`/bin/date +"%G%m%d"` ;
mysqldump --host=localhost --user=YOURUSER --password=YOURPASSWORD --all-databases --single-transaction --quick | gzip > ./YOURFILEPATH/backup-$DATE.sql.gz ;

Can you please guide me how to get the shell script do the job for me? I have not used shell scripts before.

You can save these 3 lines as 'backup.sh' and use it when setting up your cron job. For help on setting up your cronjob, see the cpanel documentation.

Edited by pritaeas: n/a

You can save these 3 lines as 'backup.sh' and use it when setting up your cron job. For help on setting up your cronjob, see the cpanel documentation.

Thanks for the hint and guidance.

Thanks for the hint and guidance.

Thanks,

The command works for me. Could you please help me little bit more? what will be the parameter for backing up a single or multiple table?

The first example on the page ...

mysqldump --host=localhost --user=YOURUSER --password=YOURPASSWORD YOURDATABASE YOURTABLE

The first example on the page ...

mysqldump --host=localhost --user=YOURUSER --password=YOURPASSWORD YOURDATABASE YOURTABLE

Thanks, I really appreciate your efforts to help me out.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.