Hi,

I got reported that login page not working for our client asp.net 2.0 web application with oracle 9i db.

Is there is anyway to debug the application which is running in my client web server with the source code available in my machine?, I like to know after clicking the login button in the login screen, what are the methods, pages, db procedures get called and where the actual error happening.

Please help me to solve this.

Thank you.

This should definitely do what you need if you're using Visual Studio for your development and debugging. However it only applies for remote debugging of some (not all) components of VS.

The only other way I know of debugging web-apps is to enable debugging error messages via web.config or on the individual page you're trying to debug using this method.

I'm not aware of any remote-debugging tools specific to ASP.Net web-apps unfortunately unless you can get the first debugger to work remotely for that purpose as well which the library page says it doesn't. This page indicates a couple of possible methods that might work for you however.

Hope it helps :) Please mark as solved if it resolves your issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.