hi there,
I have my gridview's columns are hyperLinks to another pages as follows:

<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" CellPadding="4"
DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" ForeColor="#333333" GridLines="None" Height="149px" Style="z-index: 103; right: 47px; position: relative; top: 19px" Width="374px">
<FooterStyle BackColor="#5D7B9D" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
<Columns>
<asp:hyperlinkfield headertext="course_no"datatextfield="course_No" datanavigateurlfields="course_No"datanavigateurlformatstring="CourseEvaluationForm.aspx?courseNo=course_No" />
<asp:hyperlinkfield headertext="course" datatextfield="course_name" datanavigateurlfields="course_name" datanavigateurlformatstring="CourseEvaluationForm.aspx" />
<asp:hyperlinkfield headertext="Doc_name" datatextfield="doctor_name" datanavigateurlfields="doctor_name" datanavigateurlformatstring="DoctorEvaluationForm.aspx" />
</Columns>

and I need to pass the value of the course_no of that clicked cell to the called page [in my case CourseEvaluation.aspx]

please I really need ur help which will be appreciated :)

Thanks

hope this solves u r problem

<asp:DataGrid id="DataGrid1" AutoGenerateColumns="False" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 66px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 79px" runat="server">
<Columns>
<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Order">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Hyperlink runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%# "page.aspx?course_no=" + DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"course_no")%>' ID="Hyperlink1" NAME="Hyperlink1"/>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>
</Columns>
</asp:DataGrid>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.