Hi,

Im having problems when using the header("Location: filename?args") function to act as a swf file. It works with firefox but not with Internet Explorer.

<object id="flashfile_obj" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="get_file.php?name=<?=urlencode("test.swf?&test_to_swf=1")?>" width="900" height="500">
     <param name="movie" value="get_file.php?name=<?=urlencode("test.swf?&test_to_swf=1")?>"/>
     <param name="quality" value="high" />
     <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
     <param name="base" value="_dir" />
</object>

The file get_file.php has the code:

<?php
header("Location: ".$_REQUEST["name"]);
?>

It works on firefox but not in Internet Explorer. The flash is loaded but the argument is not passed.

Any ideas?

note: i've added 3 files to anyone who wants to check the problem

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017
<OBJECT><EMBED href="/support/flash/ts/documents/myFlashMovie.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH="550" HEIGHT="400" NAME="myMovieName" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED></OBJECT>

Try with also including embed tag

Thanks but it didnt work.

Please note that it always load the swf. The problem is that in Internet explorer it doesn't load the arguments.

Hello rajarajan07,

Thanks for your post. The problem is that im using a midlle php to act as the swf. That's why i use the header("Location: $url_with_args") function.

In that url they pass the args directly in the DOM object:

<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="flaMovie3.swf?<?php echo($QUERY_STRING);?>">

What i need is to pass the args to the php

<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="get_file.php?url=<?=urlencode("flaMovie3.swf?".$QUERY_STRING)?>">

It is working on firefox but internet explorer doesnt receive the arguments.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.