I try to create a selection page, where different query are made, depending on selected checkboxes, and textboxes.

It works for most the part but I a selection between zipcode ranges and year of birth range (between nbs_zip and nbs_zip2 and between nbs_contact_year and nbs_contact_year2).

It works when I have for example nbs_zip and nbs_zip2 filled with a zipcode and only nbs_contact_year filled (not second nbs_contact_year2).
But I can't get the query to work when I enter in both zipcode1 and 2 and year1 and 2 (second elseif).

Here is part of the code I use (it has multiple ways for the selection).

if(!empty($_POST['nbs_zip2']))
{
    $sql_query = "SELECT * "
                      . " FROM nbs_contacts JOIN nbs_events "
                      . " ON nbs_contacts.nbs_contact_id = nbs_events.nbs_events_id "
                      . " WHERE nbs_relativeto LIKE '%$nbs_relativeto%' AND nbs_contact_year LIKE '%$nbs_contact_year%' AND nbs_year LIKE '%$nbs_year%' ";
{
    $sql_query .= " AND nbs_zip BETWEEN $nbs_zip AND $nbs_zip2 ";
}
    $sql_query .= " $sqlAND"; 
}
elseif(!empty($_POST['nbs_contact_year2']))
{
    $sql_query = "SELECT * "
                      . " WHERE nbs_relativeto LIKE '%$nbs_relativeto%' AND nbs_zip LIKE '%$nbs_zip%' AND nbs_year LIKE '%$nbs_year%' ";
{
    $sql_query .= " AND nbs_contact_year BETWEEN $nbs_contact_year AND $nbs_contact_year2 ";
}
}
elseif(!empty($_POST['nbs_contact_year2']) && !empty($_POST['nbs_zip2']))
{
    $sql_query = "SELECT * "
                      . " WHERE nbs_relativeto LIKE '%$nbs_relativeto%' AND nbs_zip LIKE '%$nbs_zip%' AND nbs_year LIKE '%$nbs_year%' ";
{
    $sql_query .= " AND nbs_contact_year BETWEEN $nbs_contact_year AND $nbs_contact_year2 ";
}
{
}
}
else
{
  $sql_query = "SELECT * "
                      . " WHERE nbs_relativeto LIKE '%$nbs_relativeto%' AND nbs_contact_year LIKE '%$nbs_contact_year%' AND nbs_zip LIKE '%$nbs_zip%' AND nbs_year LIKE '%$nbs_year%' $sqlAND";
}

Please need help soon!

Thanks

Edited by ud2008: n/a

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by hielo

But I can't get the query to work when I enter in both zipcode1 and 2 and year1 and 2 (second elseif).

When that condition is true, then the "if" and the first "elseif" are also true. Since they appear before elseif(!empty($_POST['nbs_contact_year2']) && !empty($_POST['nbs_zip2'])), they will execute first. You must move it up so that it appears first (it should be you initial "if" cluase).

Edited by mike_2000_17: Fixed formatting

I don't understand what you mean.

Can you post an example of what you mean?

Forget my last post, I think I solved it.
In the following code, the thing in red was wrong:

elseif(!empty($_POST['nbs_contact_year2']) && !empty($_POST['nbs_zip2']))
{
    $sql_query = "SELECT * "
{
}
{
}
}

It was twice in the query (the nbs_zip).

I changed it to:

if(!empty($_POST['nbs_contact_year2']) && !empty($_POST['nbs_zip2']))
{
    $sql_query = "SELECT * "
                      . " WHERE nbs_relativeto LIKE '%$nbs_relativeto%' AND nbs_year LIKE '%$nbs_year%' ";
{
    $sql_query .= " AND nbs_contact_year BETWEEN $nbs_contact_year AND $nbs_contact_year2 AND nbs_zip BETWEEN $nbs_zip AND $nbs_zip2 ";
}
}

Thanks for your help.

I don't understand what you mean.

On line 1 of your original post you have: if(!empty($_POST['nbs_zip2']) and then on line 23 you have: elseif(!empty($_POST['nbs_contact_year2']) && !empty($_POST['nbs_zip2'])) What I was saying is that when BOTH nbs_zip2 AND nbs_contact_year2 are filled, line 23 will not execute because the condition on line 1 is true! You need to give priority to the condition on line 23. In other words, line 23 should be THE if clause, NOT an elseif clause.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.