i need help in 2 things:
first i have several imagebutton so dynamically i change their ID but when i click in a button the ID reset to default = the ID before run time,so because the page reset because the page returned to the server ,but is their any method to remain this ID? because in the form load i write: if not page.postback <code> end if
so in the form load i change the iD,so any idea how to remain them?
and i want the server side i don't prefer javascript because i know what i need in asp.net not javascript and i have asp.net controls not input type so i want asp.net controls.
second:
i need to know the ID of the imagebutton who caused the postback but with no result i have an empty string.
so really i need your advices.
thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Can you show the code then i might able to usderstand the problem better and mention in it what you want to do

i want this:

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
       <asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton1" runat="server" />
        <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" /></div>

</form>
</body>
</html>

the code behind :

Partial Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
            ImageButton1.ID = "name"
        End If
    End Sub
End Class

so run the page and view the source you see that the id of the imagebutton is "name" so click the button again the id of the imagebutton reset to "imagebutton1" and i wont this.
so it's a part of a big project so i want the ID to remain even the page is postback to the server.
thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.