Hello, I am a software engineering student going into my final year in September and would like suggestions on topics for my final year project. I would like to do a project related to the web and databases. Possibly using PHP and MySQL Any suggestions will be appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Create a Movie Rental Systems....teahcers & Professor Love that stuff cause it deals with all aspects.

Youu make an ON Loan, In Stock, Out Of Stock type system with admin panel to add,edit , delete movies

Then the fornt end is a form to request a movie and read the tbale if ON Loan='Y' etc etc

Alos add print features a submit form to request a movie.

I have tons of ideas but I know this one will get you A+ without question.

You can consider an auction site or site that interact with online users, e.g. autotrader.co.uk and friday-ad.co.uk. The great thing about those 'projects' are you can even start your own business with it! But I not sure the uniqueness of these programs as you can easily find many such scripts online (hotscripts.com).

Hello Techniner,

thank you for your idea it sounds good will pass it forward to my Supervisor and se if they will let me do that for my final year project. Any other ideas you ahve will be greatly appreciated

Hello Zippee

thank you for your idea it sounds good will pass it forward to my Supervisor and se if they will let me do that for my final year project. Any other ideas you ahve will be greatly appreciated

Glad I could help I am sure they will approve of it.

If you need help coding it then let me know.

hello techniner..
emm.. u said that u have many ideas in your head.. emm..
could you help me with ideas on my final project..im a science computer student..
im so blank on what to do for my final..

Hello, I am a software engineering student going into my final year and would like suggestions on topics for my final year project. I would like to do a project related to the web and databases. Possibly using PHP and MySQL Any suggestions will be appreciated

Hello Ashwinns, If you are planning to work on PHP and DataBase then I suggest you develop an Intranet Application. Something like an office system, that people can use it to send messages read posts from Mgt, share files, even have fun (chat), share information(personal, it could be), view work calendar, post and fill questionnaires and many more. You can add functionalities as you go along (I mean at the scope definition stage). I did similar project for my Web Design and Development term project (mine was for school) it was fun. You can even extend it to be accessible from the internet and you have build yourself a mini Facebook.
Good Luck

Hello, I am a software engineering student going into my final year and would like suggestions on topics for my final year project. I would like to do a project related to the web and databases. Possibly using PHP and MySQL Any suggestions will be appreciated

Hi

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.