I am in my final year in the university and about to do my final year project. I would be very happy if anyone of you can suggest an idea that I can implement with PHP. Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I have about one month to start. Thank you very much for the idea. If I may ask, do evil browsers (IE, etc) interpret jquery as the non-evil browsers? I am asking this because of IE's interpretation of the example here http://demos.9lessons.info/newtwitter.php

Yes IE is the apitomy of browsers.

I just had to read through posts on a forum to work out why some jquery wouldnt work the same. But i managed to find the solution posted by someone else.

I guess if you were testing in IE as you went along it should work ok.

Maybe you could come up with a simple way to view all your social network accounts in one place. So if someone clicks an icon they go to a domain where all the social network accounts for that user are listed.

They could update it via their own admin panel with a simple md5# login screen.

Just an idea :-)

Thanks I will consider this one too.

I developed an online auction website for my final yr project. It's a pretty good project to do - lots of potential for interactive and business-like features.

And to add to that - in my opinion, for a final year project it shouldn't really matter if a jQuery feature doesn't work with a certain version of a web browser... So long as you can explain why it may not work, perhaps providing an alternative feature or workaround for older/incompatible browsers!

Thanks but I am not sure my professor will accept that because one of my seniors developed something like that last year.

Member Avatar for diafol

How about a media site? Users join and add their favourite urls to various videos and online mp3s (all remotely hosted). Users get to post the url and site in a form. You do some tinkering with the url -> object that gets embedded. Same with the mp3. Get a robust player for files not hosted in the big sites, e.g. flowplayer. Users can share their playlists etc. All data stored in a DB. Just a thought. Get a forum joined on to it, e.g. phpBB3.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.