Hi There,
I am a bit of a PHP newb :P
I have developed a multi-page form which works fine at the moment - each stage is on another page (I use the session to retain the data).
However I know that users don't always use these forms the way you want!

I want to control the flow of the form.

• I would like the user to be able to use the browser back & forward button for ease of use.
  • They should not be able to skip a part of the form by entering a form stage URL directly into the address bar to get the a later stage in the form (essentially skipping a part of the form).
  • The form also does not flow the same path every time, it is dependant on the users choices what stage is displayed next.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of ways to control the flow of this multi-page form :) thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

I've been struggling with this very issue for a long time. Dreamweaver's behaviors are horrid and never behave themselves. I knew that JQuery would solve this problem, but I struggled to piecemeal the solution together myself. Thank you for doing all the work for me!

http://oregon-medicare.com/

You realize all you have to do to get around that is to disable javascript right?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.