I have installed a software program and i am not able to call it out :

Here is the error message which i do not have any clues of as i am non IT literate , that's why i come to this forum .

Warning: include(../config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/glbo123/public_html/software/index.php on line 2

Warning: include(../config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/glbo123/public_html/software/index.php on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/glbo123/public_html/software/index.php on line 2

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/glbo123/public_html/software/index.php:2) in /home/glbo123/public_html/software/connection.php on line 2

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/glbo123/public_html/software/index.php:2) in /home/glbo123/public_html/software/connection.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/glbo123/public_html/software/index.php:2) in /home/glbo123/public_html/software/connection.php on line 4

Can anyone tell me what have i done wrong - I appreciate your help .

chin m c from Malaysia

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I am not sure but I believe you have the syntax for include wrong. It should look something like this:

<?php include "../config.php" ?>

and this would imply that config.php is one directory up from the file calling it or in your case:

/home/glbo123/public_html/

If it is in the same directory with the index.php file you would change it to:

<?php include "./config.php" ?>

./ is the currentl directory.
../ is one level up.

Thank you rch1231

- I have moved the config.php one level up

when i search [the address]

1. the message from Google Chrome shows :

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.1.70
Suggestions:
Try reloading: 192. 168. 1. 70/ easysurvey/ admin/ login. php
Search on Google:

and 2. the error message from Firefox shows :

The connection has timed out

The server at 192.168.1.70 is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

We are one step closer in calling out the program - what is the next best thing to do to get it out ...

wher should my login.php be ? i have placed it in the same folder as index file - could it be that is should be in the admin folder

thank you very much rch1231

chin m c

Hello,

At this point I really need to see the code for the page and the httpd.conf entry for the site. The errors suggest that apache is not running or does not have permission to read the files.

I have removed the url that you posted, chinmc, but you should know that your Apache server is allowing directory traversal. I would recommend you turn that off.

Thanks rch1231 and Ezzaral for your expert advice

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.