I have created an html page that must not have the automatically created url/page number at the top, in the header, or the url/page number at the bottom, in the footer, when you print the page. I know that it is possible because google maps does it http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=37.0625,-95.677068&spn=54.269804,79.013672&z=4&pw=2. So I was just wondering how to do it.

P.S. I know this question has come up before, but all of the previous ones have been answered "no you cannot do it", but this time I know it can be done.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

For me that Google Maps page prints out standard print header and footer as established in each browser (IE, FF and Opera). Google may well have included something which attempts (and succeeds in your browser) to control the print, but it would appear not to be a universal solution.

Airshow

Oh well, I guess I will have to go for a different approach. Thanks for the response

I've never needed to do it but I guess you can build a pdf server-side, on request, then serve it back to the browser where the user can print it.

Try googling "php create pdf document". It gives plenty of responses suggesting this appraoch might be viable. I guess other server-side languages will have a similar capability.

Airshow

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.