i m very new to asp.net.i m trying my first script.i have microsoft .net framework 1.1.but when i try my script
localhost/myweb/a.aspx i m getting blank screen.please any body help me

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

what script did you run?
Are you getting a Blank page or an Error Page?

Can you show us your script?

<html>
<body>

<form runat="server">
<asp:Calendar DayNameFormat="Full" runat="server">
<WeekendDayStyle BackColor="#fafad2" ForeColor="#ff0000" />
<DayHeaderStyle ForeColor="#0000ff" />
<TodayDayStyle BackColor="#00ff00" />
</asp:Calendar>
</form>

</body>
</html>

i have used this code from w3schools as i m learning asp.net
i m not gettinhg any error message i m getting white blank screen

I copied and pasted into a text document and saved it as a.aspx on my computer and it works fine. if you are getting a blank screen, try right clicking and hitting view source to see if you can get any information that way.

Just a quick question aarya where did you save this file? In a virtual directory in your IIS wwwroot folder? AS you can't save this to just anywhere and have it work like a standard HTML file. You need to place it in a virtual directory.

If you don't know how to setup a virtual "web" directory let me know.

<html>
<body>

<form runat="server">
<asp:Calendar DayNameFormat="Full" runat="server">
<WeekendDayStyle BackColor="#fafad2" ForeColor="#ff0000" />
<DayHeaderStyle ForeColor="#0000ff" />
<TodayDayStyle BackColor="#00ff00" />
</asp:Calendar>
</form>

</body>
</html>

i have used this code from w3schools as i m learning asp.net
i m not gettinhg any error message i m getting white blank screen

i ahve little knowledge of asp so i save file in wwroot folder

To make this work you need to do the follow.

1. Create a Folder under your IIS directory (the default directory format that IIS installs to is C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\)
2. Open Administrative tools (Start Menu --> Control Panel --> Administrative Tools)
3. Expand the Website branch to open up the IIS folder structure. Keep drilling down till you see your newly created folder.
4. Right Click your folder, and select Properties
5. In the properties window, and on the Directory Tab there is a section called application settings and a button called create. Click the CREATE button and then click OK.
6. Create your aspx file with this calendar control in the code (as you have already done), save it to the new folder you just created and then open the file by typing in the browers address bar (or even the start menu --> run command) http://localhost/your directory name you just created/then the name of the aspx file name & extension Voila!

Hope this helps!

i used to save my asp file as localhost/myweb/a.asp
it is working.i ahve downloaded the .netframework 1.1 to suport aspx extension and stored in wwroot/myweb directory.
the storing the file is same as asp right? is it different.
if it is the same then my a.asp is working why not a.aspx

i used to save my asp file as localhost/myweb/a.asp
it is working.i ahve downloaded the .netframework 1.1 to suport aspx extension and stored in wwroot/myweb directory.
the storing the file is same as asp right? is it different.
if it is the same then my a.asp is working why not a.aspx

Hi Aarya,

Here u have to consider the difference between ASP and ASP.Net

ASP is just a scritping language where as ASP.Net is a language.

ASP pages are ineterpreted at rumtime. But, ASP.Net pages are compiled into MSIL at the compile time. When the request hits that page then MS Jitter generates the machine specific code.

Here, in your code you are using the ASP.Net server control calander.So, the code must be compiled first before u run it.

Thanks,
Kedar

after you downloaded and installed the 1.1 framework, did you register asp.net in iis?

instructions are here

after you downloaded and installed the 1.1 framework, did you register asp.net in iis?

instructions are here

Hi Kev,

It will automatically register the ASP.Net to IIS unless otherwise in some scenarios.

If it doesn't register, then it throws up the error message when we call the .aspx page. But here he is getting the blank page, it means that .net framework is registered to IIS.

Thanks,
Kedar

And this solves the problem of it not working how?

Hi Aarya,

Here u have to consider the difference between ASP and ASP.Net

ASP is just a scritping language where as ASP.Net is a language.

ASP pages are ineterpreted at rumtime. But, ASP.Net pages are compiled into MSIL at the compile time. When the request hits that page then MS Jitter generates the machine specific code.

Here, in your code you are using the ASP.Net server control calander.So, the code must be compiled first before u run it.

Thanks,
Kedar

And this solves the problem of it not working how?

Im sorry. I thought some code behind file will be there.

Im not sure but may be the client script is not registered

1.Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK. 2.At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis –c
3.Type exit, and press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window.

Thanks,

Kedar

I am also a little curious as to have you saved the file. Did you save it as an HTM or HTML file typ? That produces a blank page.

And you are navigating to is in the browser as this example shows : http://localhost/Test2.aspx Where Test2.aspx is the name of the file with the code you provided.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you made out with this problem so we can mark it as resolved.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.