Hi,
I have made the necessary changes in the web.config so that I can get to the security Tab for the
ASP.NET configuration.
The new error when trying to go to the security Tab is:

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Could not find stored procedure
'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.

At present I have started the shopping site to work ok, but I can not get to the security Tab.

<connectionStrings>

<add name="BalloonShopConnection"
connectionString="Data Source=servername\servername;Initial Catalog=BalloonShop;User
Id=sa;Password=password1"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

<!--This allows you to access the Security Tab under WebSite, ASP.NET Configuration-->
<remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>
<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=servername\servername;Initial
Catalog=BalloonShop;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=password1"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

Any thoughts please?
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,

exactly i didnt get what ur trying to do. Where ur not getting the security tab. If it is in the ASP.Net add-in to the IIS manager, then we don't have security tab there.

it will show you the Authorization and Authentication tabs.

Regards,
Kedar

I think he is on about the web admin page that comes with VS2005. Which is just a simple interface to both the webconfig and any providers.

But i am not sure of what is missing or the rest of the web config? some light would help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.