cocoll 0 Junior Poster in Training

hello.
while long search and issues with connection to oracle database,i installed oracle database 10g express edition or XE,32 bits.
i have win 7 and 64bits machine.
so i tried to connect to this database after setting the ODBC driver (32 bits driver),but the problem is:
i successful connected from windows application,but failed from asp.net and i use the same code.
this is the error from asp.net:

ERROR [NA000] [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-06413: Connection not open.
ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
ERROR [01000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver doesn't support the version of ODBC behavior that the application requested (see SQLSetEnvAttr).

and i tried to connect from another laptop using win 7 32 bits,it worked from asp.net and windows application.
so i don't figure where is the error,and why it worked from windows application but it didn't from asp.net.
this is the code:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Data.Odbc;
public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
{
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        String con = "DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};DSN=XE;UID=hr;PWD=hr;SERVER=localhost;";
        OdbcConnection conx = new OdbcConnection(con);
        conx.Open();
        OdbcCommand command = new OdbcCommand("insert into test values('hi')", conx);
        command.ExecuteNonQuery();

conx.Close();
    }
}

thank you very much.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.