Hi guys.,

I have trapped in a very critic situation. I need to upload files without any restriction of file size. I have a uploader developed using Flash and PHP. I have changed the settings in php.ini as follows

upload_max_filesize = 100M
post_max_size = 128M
memory_limit = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 600

This changes helped me to upload file size of 8MB smoothly. If exceeds 8MB, it shows a javascript error as Expected hexadecimal value and file cannot upload. I cant able to rectify this. Please help.

Thanks,

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

you need to put a limitation.

Thanks for your reply.. But i cant understand what you are referring as "limitation"..? Could you pls explain...?

check this link and it will make every thing clear to you with better example code:
http://www.webkollage.com/php/php_uploading_files.php every thing is explain with a professional way of getting upload errors and dealing it.
then let me know.

if (($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/png")
|| ($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/pjpeg"))
&& ($_FILES["file"]["size"] < 20000000000000)))

file size depend on $_FILES["file"]["size"] line

Rajeev

Thanks for your reply.. I changed it as follows...

upload_max_filesize = 750M
post_max_size = 750M
memory_limit = 128M
max_execution_time = 30
max_input_time = 60

These changes has been made in php.ini file in my local wamp apache server. After made these changes, once i restart my wamp service, it allows to upload upto 400MB. But i did not restart wamp service after those changes, it still allows me to upload 8MB. Could you please anybody to help me out this...? Is it possible to make it work without restarting my wamp server...?

Thanks.,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.