I want to be able to open a new window with simple html, like this: <a href="file.htm" target="_blank">click here</a> I want to then put javascript in the header of that new file that takes off attributes such as toolbars or scrollbars. This has to be possible.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Research the JavaScript "window.open()" method. You can do everything you've asked via the parameters for that method.

I want to be able to open a new window with simple html, like this: <a href="file.htm" target="_blank">click here</a> I want to then put javascript in the header of that new file that takes off attributes such as toolbars or scrollbars. This has to be possible.

Thanks.

Sure can :)

example grabbed quickly from my web page.... :)

<script type="text/javascript" >
    <!--
    function launch(newURL, newName, newFeatures, orgName) {
    var remote = open(newURL, newName, newFeatures);
    if (remote.opener == null)
    remote.opener = window;
    remote.opener.name = orgName;
    return remote;
  }
    function wow() {
    myRemote = launch("[i]lots[/i].html", "myRemote", "height=380,width=480,innerHeight=580,innerWidth=500,screenX=10,left=10,screenY=20,top=20,channelmode=0,dependent=1,directories=0,fullscreen=0,location=0,menubar=0,resizable=1,scrollbars=1,status=0,toolbar=0", "wow");
    }
    function launchwin() {
    myRemote = launch("[i]blogroll[/i].html", "myRemote", "height=580,width=500,innerHeight=580,innerWidth=500,screenX=100,left=100,screenY=100,top=100,channelmode=0,dependent=1,directories=0,fullscreen=0,location=0,menubar=0,resizable=1,scrollbars=1,status=0,toolbar=0", "dx");
    }
// -->
</script>

sorry this is quick and dirty but with the time difference and the work hrs, I am fading... (this might help)

Thanks for the help. I got a solution.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.